Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Faculty recommendation form included as a .pdf file.
- Title page is in a separate file from the Article Text/Poster.
All personal information removed from document properties and article text/poster.
Poster: Replace author names with "List of Authors" on the poster.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Where available, DOIs and/or URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
- The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
- All illustrations, figures, and tables must be labelled and referenced in accordance with APA guidelines somewhere in the text.
Paper: The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx).
Poster: The submission file is in Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx).
Paper: The text is double-spaced and uses a Times New Roman 12-point font.
Poster: The text is at a reasonable font size for the size of the poster. Must be Arial, Calibri, Lucida Sans Unicode, Times New Roman, or Georgia font.
Paper and poster: Include acknowledgements covering the following material IN THE TITLE PAGE DOCUMENT: 1. Course/Lab this poster was created for; 2. Thank you to your instructor for the recommendation and assistance; 3. Any other acknowledgements; 4. Any funding received for the research; 5. Optional: Contact information such as an email.
Poster Only: Include an *empty* acknowledgement section with enough space to include the above information and place that information in the Title Page document.
Submissions to this section should include only empirical research from data collection and analysis. It may be separated by headings in sections including (but not limited to) Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion, and References, and should be in APA format. Abstract should be submitted separately in the appropriate field.
All empirical research requires REB Approval. If permission has been given from the REB to publish the data, please contact the Journal Editor.
Submissions to this section can include non-empirical papers, including (but not limited to) essays, term papers, clinical analysis, applications of psychological theory, analysis of current events, and literature reviews. Abstract should be submitted separately in the appropriate field.
All submissions should be in APA format.
Submissions to this section should include conference-style posters created for conferences, PSYC 2400, PSYC 3400, or other empirical research done at KPU. It must be separated by headings in sections including (but not limited to) Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion, and References. The abstract is not required on the poster but should be submitted separately in the appropriate field.
All empirical research requires REB Approval. If permission has been given from the KPU REB to publish the data, please contact the Journal Editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.